Thursday, April 12, 2007

so he goes
Shiney Apple DK just wrote to hear more about Sicily (apparently I did not provide enough big details and a few readers have inquired, there is another, trip-related blog in the works, Trinacria Tour) and to extend an open invite to languish in the happy, lofty vibes before the Big Move. In essence the Big E as in Eviction. Not Easy, and there is another slew of negative connotations now with that E. To ruminate completely.
She says she is awaiting a call from Mr. Fong. I know that feeling of waiting for phonecalls in the Shiney Apple - to find gigs, to find a place to rest one's weary head.
Just revisited an at-precipice moment, the one involving the overly-wrought mid-career photog who advertised a room for rent in her midtown east place. How she freaked when Yours Truly put a camera case on the bed. That is about the second I realized I needed to split *quick fast in a hurry* and call Dorota, the aforementioned DK (the other Perfect DK of this sphere).
An SOS was met with a Walton-worthy Come back home.
And the sad sidebar is that lofty days are coming to an end after over a decade as the building owner has decided to rent instead to a day spa and day care centre for caninus domesticus. She told me their shocking rent amount, what one could pay to purchase a modest Middling City home.
I told someone recently it seems like I've spent more time at the loft than at the building that I own, so much so that I know the quirks of the loft's wiring, dripping faucets and the like. Whereas the home office hovel remains a place for storage, occasional naps, wardrobe changes, and stray cat feeding.
Speaking of SCF, there is a newbie, a young female who seems in peril. I think the boys (and this excludes my precious darling Extra, as he is a ca(s)trati) have been hitting on her and she hunches at the door, ready to charge in.
Moments ago was editing a gig just shot at a smaller college in the region, a joint that is a pleasure to intertwine with, reconnecting with a femme who YT has known for a long time, who has joined their staff. I was just editing/flailing away and looked up to note that the cast of characters who were surrounding me when I began have all drifted away. That is intensity of purpose.

Today read two obits for Kurt Vonnegut, the more complete in the NYT.
Commented to Kennedy that KVJR (as Loomis and I lovingly always called him) and Woody Allen provided a glimpse into lovely, creative planets for young and impressionable teen writers and thinkers. That and an uncle named Billy (yes, as in Pilgrim) who played the harpsichord and was a priest and who absolutely lived the high life.
KVJR, just like Dr. Atkins, died from brain injury from a fall.
Never underestimate Balance.

Balanced Love, body/mind/spirit

No comments: