Friday, July 27, 2001

Today I was back out at the Camp, trying hard not to drool all over some of the boys and boyish counselors (absolutely only the OLDER sort to avoid CNN-style scandal, believe you me) and just intermingling best as I could to capture the campy moments. After that drove and freakin' drove and drove until I landed back in the city where I attended an art opening and a disco revival. And what a revival it was: man on a mic and mission who thought it wise to yell out about all things 70's. A video overhead showed some in the room in much more statuesque phases of life although their hairdo's were at embarassingly hilarious proportions way back whensville. And I saw gouchos. Don't pretend that you don't remember GOUCHOS. The yelling disco man whipped all of us into correct remembering, even though many of us were mere tadpoles during the disco era. There was a woman with 10 inch long fingernails - she's a phone sex operator for real. Disco duck/sucks.

No comments: