Tuesday, May 22, 2001

The theatre marathon turned out to be better than expected - sat next to a delightful guy who took notes as I did through the show but he was rating the dresses glimmering onstage. Several girlie friends took pity upon me for not being able to do my characteristic rabble-rousing and kept coming to the table I was sharing with the dress judge and leaving me scotch and sodas. Thanks to Ramona, thanks to Deb, thanks to Jen, and thanks to Kara for keeping spirits high.
Just returned from shooting a conference. Apparently the hotel had their ventilation units on reverse and the oxygen was being sucked out of the room, I nearly slipped into a coma between speakers. The keynote is a former FBI man who served for "9 years, 8 months, and 9 days." Heh heh heh. At break time I had to photograph his phony baloniness and he's one of my pet peeve kind of guys who says one of three things to me/photographers...but his repartee had an interesting new twist: "that lens is as big as Dallas." Heh heh heh. The complete pet peeve list: 1. Are you the official photographer? (inflection on adjective); 2. Hey is there film in your camera -or- Hey your lens cap is on; 3. Whoah, that's a big lens.
This man would have never made my secret FBI guy series, he wasn't good looking enough. I've got a collection of stealthy shots of on-duty FBI men, so damned handsome in suits and ties, with arched eyebrows, and wires coming out of their ears. Once I was schmoozing two FBI men before Clinton showed up with Gore, Hillary, and Tipper and all was fun and games until I asked this horrifying question:
"Are you all listening to the same thing?" They backed away and that was the end of that.

No comments: