Sunday, May 20, 2001

I was considering the cheeseball Bronski Beat song on the car radio moments ago (en route back home/here) an interesting exercise in strange self-reflexion when I realized about one minute into it I could stand it no longer and reached for the last preset, a classic rock station halfway through "After the Goldrush." Thank heavens for classic rock.

Also en route I spotted a DMB billboard on Main Street and quickly zoomed like a movie on Dave's adorable face. My first thought was that I needed to steal it. Second thought was how do I get up there? Third thought was where would I prominently display this ginormous piece of Davey plastic?

I am going to write a letter to Mac h.q. to proffer them this important idea which maybe I should trademark first, but hell, here goes, and don't steal it stickyminded reader: an exciting new laptop accessory...the tabletop screen which doesn't shield the computer's screen from pesky radiant light but shields the computer user's identity from pedestrians, onlookers, and general dufuses. Today, practically in another county, I hunkered down for some extra-home writing and nearly screamed when a person who's probably never seen the likes of my ridiculous agenda of commitments and overcommitments spotted me and sauntered over to my (unfortunately public) coffee joint table. This is the time of year when my life becomes an extreme sport and I have no free time.And, as I am wont to say, I don't have time to fart. Tabletop screen. Or maybe an XL sombrero.

No comments: