Friday, May 04, 2001

Psychedelic Furs was the band in my crosshairs last night: it was a case for lip-synching I have to say. But nobody seemed to notice, it was like the 80's were floating happily and heavily through the air and nobody gave a shat that Richard Butler was not really ever too on (or near) key. But I have to admit, hearing "Ghost in You" again live gave me a few goosebumps. After I was finished shooting (3 songs & you're out, general rule) I stood on the sidelines surrounded by several friends and acquaintances and marveled at a few guys who moved up to the edge of the stage completely enraptured. About song 6 or 7 a guy came over who knows me and one of my colleagues, a fledgling and lanky photog who broke my nose the second time at a dance club. I'm not sure that he knows that I know that he broke my nose.

No comments: