Sunday, April 29, 2001

Went to socially document a huge annual event at el grande Albright-Knox Art Gallery after suburb party. Thousands of revelers were milling about, listening to several bands, and occasionally knocking into a piece of art on the walls. Note to self: no more reading event program while walking towards a set of interior marble steps, it hurts. No equipment damage - camera or limbs. A man picked me up at the bottom of the steps and his name was Brooks, he and his wife were very hip and nice and I shot a picture of them for my column. Yay, Brooks. Realizing I was going to be aching I decided it was time for some pain management in the form of scotch & sodas. A rock star friend of mine asked if I'd like half of her pot chocolate chip cookie so I crunched that down although that's not my usual substance I choose to abuse. After a while I felt even more vibrant than normal and approached another rock star pal (formerly of national fame) and told him that I had just eaten a pot cookie (he's a proponent of all things marijuana) and that all of my amoebas were undulating. I kept walking, thinking, what the hell did that mean?

No comments: