Monday, April 30, 2001

I'm not sure what bad karmic thing I did but earlier I was on the phone with a high school pal from it seems three lifetimes ago who is all rah-rah-sis-koom-bah about our class' pending reunion. I told her that I had worked long and hard to become one of the mailing list lost. I wasn't joking. She laughed. My life is full of fun and satisfying adventure and I can't imagine how seeing a roomful of people I haven't seen since graduation day will enhance it (the curmudgeon growled). I see a select handul of other, like-minded artful individuals from those teen days. High School me: voted most talented, played tennis a lot, set a tardy to school record, rowdy and zany (recollected teacher phrases), drove for years without license (or permit), babysat, A- student. Our class was renowned for cliques and I was one of the few who floated freely between them. Apparently the invitation makes reference to the clique situation which fascinates me.

No comments: