Friday, April 20, 2001

The State Trooper tale makes me think of my George Bush story (not W, that's the dumb puppy eyes story for another time). I was yanked into a green room scenario with U.S. President #41 as one of my colleagues flaked. Secret Service had cleared me before the event so I was A-OK: for a Hillary Clinton gig before that I had received a Secret Service pin (which I kept) which says G-3. So I'm in the room shooting away, various portraits of former Prez with whomever, when suddenly the ex-President says "let's get a photo of the two of us." The President of the university where the cozy green room is located takes my camera and takes my photo with George non-W Bush. He's got his arm around me like we're super-pals. One, two, three frames and then he puts his arm in the small of my back and shoves me full-speed ahead away from him. I think "I guess he can smell a Dem."

No comments: