Saturday, August 13, 2005

Amongst other things, like the requisite groomsmen sloshing of pre-beers, all-around jitters and last-minute panics, there was one thing I never saw at a wedding before and never hope to again. It was as I was leaving and it was a heartwrenching thing to see and is amongst reasons why I am sometimes drained, as an Empathetic, from such emotion-drenched affairs. As I wended my way to the golden Forester the bride's dad was stomping across my path and I noted his gait. As he passed to my right I heard a bellow whose emotion to Yours Truly is oso familiar but a thing of the past - a PleaseDon'tLeaveMe. And there she was, in her flowing gown and veil, running to her father as he turned towards her and yelled I am out of here. As I drove away they were talking and I was sad for them both.
I am in my post-school, end-of-summer mindset which involves a rather feigned enthusing for the Middling City. And truly it's the mark of being a vagabond, of feeling that I am not sure where my home is or where I belong. And this is not a bad thing, in my Perfect mind. I explained this to Brucey. I would prefer at this juncture to have two places to stay - one in the MC and one in the Shiney Apple, flowing between them. An experimental sentiment.
Brucey told me he drifted into sleep whilst holding a smoke and awoke to the scent of scorched trousers. I told him I'm buying him asbestos overalls to wear after our cocktail forays.
On a related note, my Perfect dad turns 70 today.
Mr. Leo Man, I've always been compatible with those who are of Leo blood.
I made him a from-scratch cake and it was not so perfect and I blame the humidity. Really. So I placed 70 + 1 candles atop and we family people met at a restaurant in a suburb. The staffers whisked my cake art away and it reappeared as we had some coffee, I spotted it coming at us, held by three waitstaff behind a sizable tray. We all began to sing the requisite tune when they dropped the tray alongside the table and all one could see was a sizable blaze, the melding of candle flame. It was spectacular to one who relishes the flame.
We got one half of one stanza of the requisite tune out when my dad, in an apparent Safety First Mindset, blew the goddamned glow out completely and Yours Truly has not laughed that hard in geez a long while.
I sign off.
I think, plan, conquer, rest, think some more, and shoot.

Love's Agenda.

No comments: