Monday, July 11, 2005

You know how those inventors would always get electrocuted or accidentally shot or what have you and then after some deducing and calculations - voilĂ  - hello patentable objet d'idea?
Well, today, I hopped aboard JFK's AirTrain and suddenly looked up from my reading and thought You know, this whole landscape is so different. Hmmmm. Calculations were quickly made. I noted that I was not heading towards Station A/Howard Beach but, rather, Station D. In lieu of the A the E was taken, zipping Yours Truly up around Queens and back down on the east side and then over to 8th Ave. Getting me to the school's general vicinity in a much quicker fashion. You see, mistaken happenstances can result in positive and cheering results. Never mind the part where I was trying to figure out the route of the speeding train from my incomplete micro-mini subway map and asking a woman who spoke no English but looked at me to suggest to me that she is one who is very wizened, with all sorts of calming hand gestures at her disposal and if in fact the goddamned transpo was going to get me to NYC any time soon but then secretly thinking Well, if not, no skewel and ojoy but then realizing that all good subways are essentially as looped as an NJP art vid.
So on to the good bits.
Went to a model call for hair. They said We like your hair, howzabout a cut in November.
I mean, really.
When I want a cut, a trim, a life-altering tonsorial wack I want it like so right NOW.
Met a fun gal in line with me and we discussed oso many things. And at some point Cocteau Twins were playing on the hi-fi and I recalled Jeez, I really like(d) them, why don't I listen to them ever.
The best post-salon-type thing was afterwards, call from the NYC p.r. firm that wants me to work with them again, this time in Rochester, NY. Sent them a proposal of sorts. Would mean jetting the hell outta the Shiney Apple for a quick jaunt over to the left again and then right again and then left again and repeat repeat until the MFA thing happens.
And then, and then, I will be once again able to be in the Shiney Apple as I see fit, on my own terms.
And that makes YT so very very thrilled.

Love Term.

No comments: