Tuesday, July 12, 2005

John Massier, one of the curators at Hallwalls, sent me some good thoughts about digvid projecting, stating its become the paradigm of sorts but does the work scream for it. I'd argue it so does.
Especially now that I'm top bidder, no, sole bidder, on a fine used LCD video projector that I'm quite excited about and it so makes sense that I am hanging out at the Geek/Mac Clubhouse working on my vlog as the seats are as comfortable as my aeron chair, the wi-fi is tops, the a/c is maximus and the neurons fly quickly around all this wisdom.
The "studio" at the school is beyond laughable, a flimsy cubicle of some drywall and due to the communication snafu of mid-July somehow Pam and I are not with our classmates in a studio building on 13th Street but are the sole grad students located off the computer lab, in a former classroom. This is what Ivy League level tuition gets one in this city, at this school which promotes distance learning. But distance learning means just that, as I've said before, distance. And manytimes a distance student is treated accordingly. Witness above.
Sans furniture available around the "studio," and not wishing to pay more for furnishings after weekly travel, exorbitant tuition, other expenses, and really expressing my true ADD nature, I need several venues to make work (eschewing the "studio"). So I have a short list of joints and locations where I squat.
And, when it comes to wi-fi squatting, several factors are of utmost importance:
1. caffeine in vicinity.
2. bathrooms in vicinity.
3. honest-seeming people in vicinity so mutual quick babysitting of belongings can happen.
4. outlets are crucial.
5. comfortable chairs are crucial.
6. snacks are a bonus.
7. the wi-fi connection should be at least 50%, 75% is fab and 100%/four bars is dreamy.

Dreamy Love.

*correction of sorts*
Chris, another distance learner, is part of the adjunct studio space.
Note to self: scour building at 66 5th Ave. for 1 comfy chair + average small table.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Blogger,

After reading your blog "this post", I believe you will find the wages information on my site about Jobs With Best Wages to be very helpful.

To give you an idea of our wide range, some of the recent searches that found our site included ...

Postsecondary Law Enforcement Teachers Wages
Curators Wages
Postsecondary Economics Teachers Teachers Wages
Postsecondary Education Teachers Wages
Library Workers Wages
Education & Training Workers Wages
Elementary School Teachers Wages
Postsecondary Engineering Teachers Wages
Postsecondary English Language Teachers Wages
Postsecondary English Literature Teachers Wages
Postsecondary Environmental Sciences Teachers Wages
Farm Management Advisors Wages.

We have hundreds of "must read" articles on wages and careers and many other topics in our Top Career Wages site.

Kind Regards
Emily