Tuesday, July 19, 2005

With the nice lady at JetBlue's assistance, I was truant yesterday. In lieu of jetting over to the right side of the state for a gallery foray, a field trip of sorts and more group panic about the pending thesis group show, I met with my attorney. Enough about that.
Been working like, as I like to say, a mad fiend. I did get the gig with the senator and will need to jet mid-state, again with assistance from good ol' JetBlue, for that gig for the Shiney Apple p.r. firm. Also picked up a mag gig this past sunday making an exuberant headshot for an editor. Midway through the sitting I put my camera to one side of my face and queried thusly Are you a nice editor or one of those hard-asses. He is, according to him, the latter. I know the type as I've been working for mags and the Press since the age of 13 or so, if we must count high school rags. Those micro-rags still have deadlines so it was probably at that tender age that I learned that deadlines are amorphous, that editors have bark and bite and as human a need as anyone else to stretch time to the max and have a few cocktails in the interim or posterim.
So back to school tomorrow for the ending of week 4.
Then on to week 3.
Have the digvid timeline down to the top ten. Ten, the most significant of numbers. As You should or will recall, Yours Truly emerged on the scene on the propitious date 10/10.

Love of Tens.

No comments: