Thursday, July 21, 2005

So there I was, minding my own business back at the loft.
A day or so of learning, learned behaviour, trekking about doing my Perfect epinw thing. The Keren Ann gig was sold out to the rafters so to speak and so that was perfectly out. Suddenly, bursting through the door was thee very Keren Ann, entourage, and some tasteful floral arrangements. Celebratory shots were poured. Laughs were laughed. And then, en masse, we made our way to the after-gig soirée around the corner at the corner deli. In their secret, subterranean party chamber which is entered via a door that says Employees Only and, after walking through the kitchen with workers changing into workpants and boxes of produce - voi-freakin'-là . . . hot nightclub.
It was sort of a more rathskellar Double Happiness.
I commented to Katherine that the joint was so undergroundish it seemed we should all be allowed, encouraged even, to puff away if we so chose.
Jason was sitting underneath a chandelier with stilled candles that suddently the barkeep had to light. I said to Jason that that moment could approach the scene of Mahogany with Miss Diana Ross dripping candle wax upon herself. Only in lieu of Miss Ross would be Mr. Jason and instead of her curvaceous body it would be Jason's shaved head and kind face.
I informed Dorota that I had gussied myself up and had used her special lotion with the sparkles and that, in the elevator's harsh light on the way down, I noted that not only were there sparkles but a strange tone to boot. Think: supermodel meets Oompa-Loompah. We all looked hot and the club was not and once again it is time for me to hop aboard the plane to the Middling City, the left side.

Left Love.

No comments: