Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Humourless Doctor Howard Levy did not give Beth the ol' backstage photo pass to shoot the knee procedure of Yours Truly. Well, actually, the knee procedure of tapping like a maple was nixed by Humourless Doctor Howard Levy who said all will be virtually evaporated like maple syrup in a sunny bucket in the woods.
Crutches I did get. Navigating on the streets of Manhattan is a workout and I did ask the Humourless Doctor Howard Levy to mentor me in the usage of them. He declined. I did, however, encounter an MTA man, working outside the hospital, in orange hard hat with tools hanging off his belt and other macho regalia, who, without prompting, gave me a very thorough tutorial. Hey, slow down. Get your rhythm going. Get the swing down. Then he meandered alongside me and showed me the technique for navigating subway steps. He, unlike Humourless Doctor Howard Levy, knew the Zen of crutches.
Tonight opening of Yours Truly et al at Thomas Werner Gallery in Chelsea.
Hello white wine. Hello cheese cubes. Hello crutch art opening tottering.
Tottered Love.

No comments: