Monday, February 25, 2002

Justice is blind. So are cops. And judges.
My diagram sketched on photo lab envelope, pal's witness statement and my explanation weren't any match for the titanium resolve of the little man in the uniform.
I watched him as he spoke and came to the following conclusions: 1. he has no friends; 2. he has no sense of humor and; 3. he shaves badly (should have mentioned that to the judge. Your honor may I approach the bench? Sir... this officer has missed huge areas on the left side of his face whilst shaving this AM. Now I ask you, your Honor, how can an officer of the law and peace and such shave so horrendously and claim to have seen that my light on the zigzagging street was red as he raced towards me? I rest my case.)
Everyone said it's your word against his and he will win. Rah-rah for the other team.
Left traffic court and watched as a minivan sped through an ultra-red light.

Called mentor artist/private guru today to tell him our wakt and forgetful waitress from last night, who brought 10 sugars for my coffee and no cream (foisting her obvious sugar-addlement upon me), is an artist-in-training. Saw her today outside the art school as I made a photo delivery, her smoking furiously and still looking slightly out of control.
Slipped by discreetly without her dropping anything else on me.

Neil Diamond is getting closer.

No comments: