Friday, March 24, 2006

Adam Cvijanovic, lanky Shiney Apple painter, tricked out Lightwell Gallery as a giant Niagara Falls. I showed him the back of the camera so he could see some of the deft images I made of him as he talked the talk and told him that you could see clearly that he had had ballet training in the way he kept his arms all out all over the place in graceful curves. He did find this amusing. I suggested, also, that he might have named his installation something more . . . challenging than for what it is, like, for example, Beaver Island State Park. He said he had considered naming the installation for the Three Stooges bit on the Falls, Slowly I Turn (step by step). Whilst talking to him again later over the snack centre he mentioned he was desperately missing the Shiney Apple. How long have you been away, Yours Truly queried. Ten days, the reply. I said CHEEEESE and CRACKERS, I haven't been there since November. I got a pitied look, and it was accepted.
Off to the funeral for Mr. Ganey, aka Skip.
Patrick is giving the good words, sure to be cutting to the core of matters while maintaining his always-primo use of his mother tongue.

Life is for the Living, Love.

No comments: