Thursday, June 23, 2005

So, here's what the shrink had to say about the work of Yours Truly. After my illuminating and oso brief description of what It is (moments of people moving through art spaces as well as of industrial spaces).
He said, and I paraphrase:
Well, I see the connection, industrial spaces are oftentimes transformed into art spaces so there is a parallel. He (Mark, the Brit) went on with such beautiful clarity I made mental notes all over the place as there he was spouting forth a grand thesis statement, a raison d'etre et art if You will.
At some point Mark was speaking of the mango. The mango. I wrote this down. Now, after decades of shooting and witnessing great rock moments I sometimes mis-hear the world. So, the mango. It was after some careful calculations that I determined it was not a mango he was speaking of but a main goal.
Voi-freakin-là.
After class Beth and I meandered in an out of three bookstores, including The Strand where David Sedaris was to read from his newest book. We did not stay as I've seen his schtick before and there were more books to find in other places.
Time to return the XL1 to Parsons School of Destinations and then witness great moments in art past before meeting with Mark the Shrink again for more elucidations.

Lucid Love.

No comments: