Thursday, August 19, 2004

On the L&I Express reached the Shiny Apple in what seemed to be mere hours despite a pitstop at a pie joint called Bingham's. Pies of all colors and Yours Truly exclaimed Beautiful. Had a massive turkey cobb salad, extra bacon, giving props to my roadtrip fav, salty and sinewy jerkey. When there's no time to arrest travel for jerkey strips, bacon must suffice. And that's my hot travel tip du jour.
Meeting in several hours with Thomas Werner to show and tell - stills and video. Bought a blazing firewire external DVD burner to discover that my rissa-rassa startup disc is stuffed to the rafters so it's burning off tiffs, jpegs and the like.
It's going to rain in the Shiny Apple so out will come the $3 umbrella and the digvid camera to capture and render drops dropping like so many dropper drips.
From the highbeams of angels to drops of water in the urban centre of the universe.
Finished a few articles about Vincent's Brown Bunny this morning, reading that is. My journalism pen is resting at the moment. He, with assistance from filmmaker Kenneth Anger (creator of Lucifer Rising, just turned on to me via Kennedy, the soundtrack, not images but I did read about them and they do seem alligned with my minimalism) foisted a curse upon a critic who shall not be named. But, more shockingly, pretty (and balding) boy Gallo admits to not having read a book, ever. That is just something one should so not admit in this non-voting and non-reading apathetic age. And from a man who is an obsessive non-delegator.

Delegations of Love.

No comments: