Saturday, April 24, 2004

Whereas the room was a flat, frightening medicine pink now it is Shimmering Lime after Dr. Waffner and I painted and rolled the stomach lining colour into oblivion in anticipation of his and Jen's pending daughter. Mid-paint Deb and Sarah came by and I gave Sarah a brush to pretend paint a myriad of colours - I do not think that she was convinced.
Lead Boy Colleague called to tell me that he broke his ankle. In his driveway. Playing catch. Now I am mindful of the pratfalls of mine own driveway, its hidden dangers.
Watched moments ago the thrilling conclusion (to borrow this recurrent phrase of one with whom I mingle) of the doc about architect/artist Maya Lin, the femme behind the VietNOW Memorial as well as the Civil Rights Mem in Montgomery, AL and others. I'm about to transcribe a speech she made after receiving an honorary doc at Yale. And portions of this speech are going to be transmogrified into my thesis statement for Art/Law School. So, JR, if you are reading this, these brilliant haberdasheries are really the brilliances of Yours Truly. I meet again with JR the second week of mai when I'll be regaling him with tales of waiting for action, action, action on Middling City industrial sites and my bumpings into words like aforementioned. Maya Lin, Sam, the movies that Kennedy shows me, my own random art awakenings are the thesis with the mostest.
Awake Love.

No comments: