Monday, August 06, 2001

Spent the better part of yesterday in a foreign land, in NYC-inspired Toronto. Before embarking with two others after traditional fun-filled brunch the post-brunch krewe called after me to "avoid international incidents." On the way back, perhaps flashing back to a much earlier blog time when I was scrapping with border patrolmen during the FTAA protests, I was (I admit) snarky with the border man in the box. When he inquired what were you doing in Toronto I was a bit gruff. When he asked me to repeat what we were doing in Toronto I barked ART!!! which took him and my passengers a bit aback. Oh, I should mention here that we had just been sitting in return-to-USA traffic for about one hour. I also quipped that we had nearly spent as much time in traffic jams as in TO which was not at all true but charmingly funny nonetheless (I thought). Warped Tour in two days. ya-hoo.

No comments: