Monday, July 02, 2001

Did the big drive this fine evening to the exurban concert venue out in the sticks cow pasture and photographed Travis and then Dido, white folk rock. As good fortune would have it one of my colleagues had his rv out there stocked with Pepsis and so we sat in there and chatted while his wife watched some tv show I've never heard of and his other guests and kids came and went. Dido's band was actually great and the long instrumental intro for her was fab, I looked at the crowd and they were all on their feet, anticipatory smiles on their faces - it was actually electric. Afterwards I went to a grocery store (perhaps number three on my list of top ten things that I hate in the domestic arts category) in Pastureville and selected the world's LOUDEST GROCERY CART with wheels a -squeakin', me still in Dido sticker. I took solid pleasure in creating a major sonic disturbance with this rolling construction zone. A dazed-out employee of the store said "I know where you ARE" - heh heh heh heh.

No comments: