Tuesday, May 29, 2001

Working on multiple deadlines of every genre to the point of absurdity. And I'm out of scotch. I'm listening to Neil Diamond, loudly, and if I had to hear one song for eternity/perpetual cd replay I would choose "Cherry Cherry." (Or "Blue Thunder" by Galaxie 500) If you don't like Neil Diamond you're reading the wrong blog - he's the fire in my medulla, the o's in my photography, maybe the i's of my writing. OK, so he's made some really Bad movies but his music, if you have an open mind, rocks. Here's a Neil memory for your perusal. When he was last in this city I photographed him for my column and for some reason felt I had to get dressed up for him, which I did - and which shocked my colleagues. I had invited a friend and she missed about half the show as she forgot about it. Then she showed up and was not into it one teensy weensy bit. By the time she showed up I had already bonded with a woman next to me who was with another also not into Neil so we sang - no, make tht screamed - all the words. OK, back to deadlines.

No comments: