Sunday, May 27, 2001

Forgot to mention this yesterday, a post-wedding noticing: I changed out of wedding photog ensemble into street clothes in my car after the portraits were done and the wedding party and family and friends split. I was done changing and I looked over to the smokestacks over the chapel, there are three as it's a chapel slash crematorium. I noticed that some of the leaves above one of the smokestacks were all undulating which meant that the whole time during the wedding ceremony, bird seed tossing, post-ceremony ceremonial lighting of cigarettes, well-wishing, and photography smiles someone was being transformed into ash. Ash to ash, fun to funky. I'm the only family member who has in my possession my grandmother's ashes which are sealed in a marble box and which sit on one of my work tables, directly behind me where I'm now typing this, and next to my favorite portrait I made of her. So tomorrow I'll be shooting some mega-popstars at a festival, from noon to six or seven in the pm. The Go-Go's are my major attraction. I can't wait to hear "Alex the Seal"/"Our Lips are Sealed" LIVE!

No comments: