Thursday, May 31, 2001

Filled with such glee as I'll be hearing PJHarvey and photographing her in now about two and a half hours. I'm listening to her latest cd and I must recommend it to everyone, go quickly, run, and buy it, now. Now. U2's label lady fedex'd me a ticket to the show tonight, but one, and I'm going to shoot, run to seat, run to security area where I'll stay in a holding pattern with colleagues until we're ushered out to shoot U2. Then I don't think I'm staying for their set and will pass my ticket off to another so that I can rush (rush?) home to finish my article for the magazine - the one that happened after Ani's big Dis and the one that, unless it's done tonight, will mean I'll be seeing my editor pal at my door, her two hands firmly grasped about my neck, ringing all the while. Well, time to do some more karate kicks to Polly Jean Harvey before I ferociously make my way through this frenetic night of music, of art, of power! (oh, the boyfriend thing will be fine, he read my blog, oopsies, and thanks for your emailic concern, it means a lot to me). Parting shot/thought: if I knew a goddamned thing about this web business I'd have all sorts of great links and images, but I'm busy and you have to simply amuse yourself with my musings. Rock on.

No comments: