Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Because I care.
Because I am a culinary genius who can follow the Silver Palate agenda.
Because I want to help spread this tradition that I've made into a tradition and everyone sort of humours me that they dig this.
Because who the hell can have enough side dishes.
Et voilĂ :
Ginger Candied Carrots
(Sweet and spicy - a good way to prepare carrots any time of the year.)
12 medium-sized carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch lengths
4 tablespoons sweet butter, melted
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds

1. Place carrot pieces in a saucepan and add cold water to cover. Cook carrots until tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
2. Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add brown sugar, ginger and caraway seeds. Mix and set aside.
3. When carrots are done, drain and return to the pot. Pour butter mixture over them and cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Transfer to a serving dish and serve immediately.
= 6 portions.

Everyone will love you.
Maybe not but they will not tell you.
But I will love you for your efforts.
GCC Love.

No comments: