Thursday, September 27, 2001

Responsibly, I've got all of my Halloween decorations up. Then I realized, Hey, Halloween is about a month or so away. But it sure feels good to have that orange pumpkin head flashing in the upper window, making neighbors cower. I'm not even talking abut the skull which has been up in the front window for two years, or the interior decorations which have been up longer.
For isn't every day truly Halloween in some special way?
As I was working on AOL writing, specifically Medeski Martin & Wood's upcoming gig, I had that in the ol' cd player and realized that I had forgotten how much I enjoy them. Except when they attempt to play free outdoor concerts filled with hopheads.
From there a quick foray down memory lane and plopped Live's first disc, Mental Jewelry, in until I couldn't stand it any longer. It sounds so flat, so freshman-like, but I still recall perfectly the first time I shot them - big Ed still had hair and I ran a photo of him on one knee, hand outstretched. That was 1991. This is now. Good day to you. Your favored Nancy.

No comments: