Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Was severely ma'am'ed today.
A(n unhinged) guy working at the UPS store greeted me with an amped-up
HI MA'AM MELPEW.
There I was, minding my own art business, entering an overpriced national photo contest (via ASMP - which I thought to join for approximately half an hour until I noted what a rigamarole their application process is with requests for tearsheets, two org sponsors, and more) at $20 a shot/image/jpeg.
The last thing I needed was overzealous counter help.
Or a counter helper in need of a nic break, I noted a cigarette awaiting a breaker, balanced on the cash register.
First place. Digital camera. Show.
The counter guy yelled MA'AM a few more times and he had so not instilled my confidence that I could not entrust him with my envelope of entry goods.
Nuhnuh no, that's okay I'll mail it. Then I left and marched over to the mailbox ten feet away from UPS's door. MA'AM indeed.
Tomorrow is CEPA Gallery's dropoff for their member show and as I've missed all other Middling City gallery member gigs this, I feel in my bones, is the one to not be Yours Truily missed.
Back to the story overdue over at the shiny happy mag offices.
Overdue, overamped Love.

No comments: