Monday, December 22, 2003

As I was reconfiguring my "work" "space" and located it, I slathered MAC's "Blade" upon all 10 of my fingernails. Oso smart, sassy, holiday fun.
Marty Boratin of DeathRanch fame has invited me once again to his C-Mas Eve soiree, an event that really puts the "hol" in holiday, as in there is an enormous amount of unspoken effort into primo snacks and ever-flowin' champagne, Marty in the kitchen, at the helm, at the oven making ever more amounts of canapes and little hot things, me helping him when I remember to between smokes, gargles of champagne, etc .
It is this rock & roll Norman Rockwell Experience that makes my holidays. Big old house, big roaring fireplace, big halfassed au naturel tree laden with collectibles, Marty/Mom cooking/sweating, a convocation of rock stars and rock types that are such an overall alternative to the family thing. Not that I don't love my family, but my family gathering on C-Mas does not include Jimmer "I'm a Brit" Phillips in the corner blathering about the Good Lord knows what while trying to pull girls onto his "Santa" lap, and Penny "Bad Penny" Ballard haranguing just about everyone and so much more.
Back to straightening up the space, working on the video, the art, the focus.
For the Love of G*D.

No comments: