Tuesday, October 07, 2003

"Lethal injection is now the dominant way Americans are executed. It is used in all 38 states that have the death penalty except Nebraska, which uses electrocution. In 10 states, prisoners may choose between lethal injection and a second method, including hanging, firing squad, electrocution and lethal gas."
- New York Times, 10/7/03, Adam Liptak story on how the fangled drugs hide suffering

Fucking firing squad?
But, this being a democracy and all, you do have a buffet of endgame choices post-last meal.
Give me Ol' Sparky
and give me Mort.
I am hardly willing to march with Susan Sarandon & Co. but do find the above one of the most abhorrent American things.
If pro-death penaltiers were regulars on the Middling City protest scene I would stop my car and verbally abuse them much like I do at anti-choicers in front of WomenServices on Main Street.
Thanks, NYT, for this evening's blog rant.
Justice Love.



No comments: