Saturday, February 16, 2002

A stop last night: annual winter fete where I par-tay with the poh-lease and the cute young one who missed his (I think) better calling as a model was there with his sporty wife. And I approached him and said Well, there's my favorite cop. Then, suddenly, in the Libran diplomatic sphere of my mind I wondered if cops like to be called cops. So during our conversation I asked Can I ask you a traffic court-related question, anticipating a surge of sighing air in my face. But no.
I said Well, I thought it would be like when I'm out and about and someone asks me to tell them all about $80 point & shoot cameras.
So I set up the I'm driving, right, down the z-curvulating street when a cop er officer does a crazed u-turn to pull me - ME! - over... and so on and so forth.
Cop pal: were you argumentative with the officer?
Me: (thinking non-aloud) wow, first question is that and not was said officer a nincompoop? (speaking) NO.
Cop pal: I didn't think so, you don't seem like the type.
Me: (thinking non-aloud) should've seen me quibbling with the man outside of the Vatican to get my souvenir way. (speaking) No, if I had run the light I would admit it and would've written the check and be done with this. So I'm fighting it (etc. etc.) because I know this OFFICER is wrong (thinking) that little rabid evil rissarassa.
Cop pal: Call me and tell me his name and I'll see what I can do.
And further secret details. Moral of scenario: cops are your pals, some of them, and cops sure know how to party in style.
Next stop last night I cavorted with mobsters and drug dealers. Ever striving for celebratory balance I am.
Mid-deadline and happily the hair smells like fixer.
Just returned from a work delivery and stopped off in the record shoppe and had thee Daryl from Snapcase aid me in finding a nice new little recording for a fete I'm hosting tomorrow night.
Invited: cops, passengers, mobsters, drug dealers, record shoppe employees and stray cats (as in real animals, not cheeseball band).
Love to you, wherever you are, in whatever condition you find yourself, always.

No comments: