Thursday, February 21, 2002

Standing on the stage last night I was shooting the wowmighty dj from the middling city's black power station and wandered occasionally behind the curtain where a dozen or so guys were dressing for the fashion show. I have to say the students and The Source put on a great runway show. Saw a Pepe Jeans jacket which I'm now in the process of coveting, a total rock star number.
So onstage I was waiting for Tha Liks/Tha Alkaholics to get their set underway when a very large and very drunk man (his breath left me in a sweet boozey cloud - Courvoisier?), told me (taking me by the arm) that I might want to step away from the plastic on the floor which was about to become a 15-foot tall 40. Tha Liks were not impressive but the woman who hopped onstage in micro-mini and thong sure was.
My ten years as camp counselor/art instructor to crazed inner-city and rural 8-12 year old girls sure comes in handy on an almost daily basis. Secret: I see most of you as types of summer camp child. And this morning I began my day by doing corporate portraits for a company I've done loads of work for in the past. One of their oficers/founders/millionaires is a feisty crabass and as he squirmed around he asked What do you want me to do? Cooperate, I said, gesturing with my hands.
You are all campers and I, Perfect Nancy, am your in-charge camp counselor.
Cooperate.
Or else.

No comments: