Friday, February 22, 2002

Flutters of panic.
That was just about today's first emotion. Freelance gig this early AM was to photograph an officer who specializes in incident management: in other words she is a psycho-going-nuts-in-a-public-place-taking-down-machine and I met her at a training center where she just taught a class to other officers.
And there was her drug-sniffing german shepherd. Flutters of panic.
Me, officer, dog. Not resin-coated, but still, had I been in contact with anything since laundry day a small eternity ago?
Me (in chem-free clothing) and the dog made friends.
Last night I spoke with Dorota and told her how I regretted not getting a counter on this blog nearly a year ago when I started it. It's been on epinw for 2 weeks and only shows to date a pinch over a hundred readers. Dorota told me that she was contemplating attending an overpriced MoMA affair and I said Forget that, for that kind of money take yourself out to dinner and go buy some shoes. Then I changed my mind, Maybe you should go to this MoMA thing and promote epinw so I can have more hits. So we hang up, I go to post and OK-Counter logged 8,565 or so hits on my site and I thought Wow, who knew that Dorota was secretly a computer hacker. I had the mild feeling that I had cheated on SAT's but was going with the lie of scoring a 1600.
Back to hits reality today. And I didn't score 1600 either.

I am being used as part of an experiment: how much caffeine can a person consume and how much adrenaline can course through their veins before implosion occurs.
Results to follow. Perhaps not from me.

No comments: