Thursday, April 26, 2001

My slide talk was stellar, no technical glitches. Small group of inner city h.s. people and mid-talk one of the boys had his head back, mouth ajar. I had to restrain myself from bursting out laughing. His eyelids were even fluttering, REM sleep, quality snooze. I kept it more of a dialogue, asking them questions periodically. I was surprised at one point when a teacher from another class meandered in to make copies on the loud copy machine in the room. Q&A was fun, I passed around my equipment and they marveled at the weight of it all. After that a lunch engagement and then I photographed an immigration attorney. Specialty: sports stars & executives. One of her co-workers came in to offer a facial expression critique and it was revealed that she's a closet BSB (that's Backstreet Boys/Boyz to those of you not in the teen loop) fan.

No comments: