Monday, August 09, 2004

Today's JetBlue landing on the JFK strip awoke me rudely. And then one of the attendants informed all of us buckled-in people that we'd be Taxiing for a few hours. I shuddered to think. Now in Marquet having the day's first tankard of java, reading up on what is happening in the world and just re-read my artist statement for perusal by the theoretical instructress. Last night had Kennedy read said statement over and over to his vast amusement. Economy of language nuthin', he pointed out the flotsams, the jetsoms.
Slipped in to the Middling City Sonic Youth gig for a moment Saturday night and found myself standing between my bandmates, Ben and Scott. Behind me were more Middling City band and art types and in the space of mere minutes I had seen a dozen quality citizens.
With a votive candle, with untrimmed wick, set a wicker basket in my house's back room ablaze which I tossed out the back door and then fired upon it with garden hose, all to the wonderment of Extra, my stray cat pal.
Onwards to eating, walking, learning, musing.

Love's Muse.

No comments: