Tuesday, May 11, 2004

THIS JUST IN. to be read in the voice, in the spirit of the woman who is atop the diner table in the Quentin movie, screaming, in a Brit accent, that she'll blow the heads off of every last muthafukkin one of themmms...
I AM DONE. I AM DONE WITH THE PAPER. I AM DONE WITH THE RESEARCH PAPER. I AM DONE WITH THE RESEARCH PAPER THAT HAS PLAGUED ME (AND ALL MY SPECIAL FRIENDS) FOR TOO LONG. AND, THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING WHO WERE ABSO-FUCKIN-LOOTLY INVALUABLE MINDS: Beth, CentricS, JW,Esq., Kennedy, Laura (for that special urgent push today) and JR. You all rock. And now I must drag my sorry grad student carcass out of this library and out into the warm night to meet Justy for a nice jeroboam of white wine. Addended Love.
As I cannot possibly, though try I might, steal wi-fi molecules all the day long I was, sadly, offline, missing an email from Mentor JR instructing - or advising - me to head north rather than south. And it was too late, for I had gone south and proceeded to, as I only just recently replied to him, waste some time and then write - as opposed to reorient myself in the north at the Whitney for another biennial look. Assume Vivid Astro Focus bellows me to sit again in the corner, on the floor, and mesmerize away some time. So instead I whiled away time by working, yup, you got it, a bit on the (fucking) research paper which is now an appendage shooting off my left shoulder and sticking out a good two feet, whapping people in the back of the head as I squeeze past them on the Fat Apple sidewalks. The only Alfred I know was not in the proverbial house last night, although he had instructed the staff of Gotham to keep me in (no, not stitches) booze of various colours. As I ripped into my duck's flesh the sommeliere sent over a bulbous glass of an oaky red and I just realized it may have been polite to inquire whatinhell it was. Not that I'd remember. Really, no, really, it's time to finish off the misery. No more wasted ops to look at art while I stare - no offense - at this PowerBook and formulate some brilliant or near-brilliant or non-brilliant phrases and passages about who really cares what. Oh, and suddenly I discover Interpol to discover that they've already been discovered by Laura and JW,Esq. et al. Thanks for the sonic suggestions, pals.
This is spring fever.
Feverish Love.

No comments: