Friday, February 01, 2002

OK, so maybe I was being a bit of a pisspot as I was leaving NYC to return to the Middling City and I had angry vibes pouring from my usually pleasant being. But was that any reason for the team staffers (perhaps on high alert due to the World Econ. Conf. at the Waldorf Astoria - but wouldn't that be surgically examine the incomings rather than excomings?) to double x-ray my bag after a handcheck, x-ray my shoes and then swipe them with the pads which are placed into the explosives-testing machine, fondle me, wand me, x-ray my money belt, ask that I watch the handcheck proceedings and not turn my back in a state of resignment. Oh, and to confiscate my brand new Sephora cuticle snipper valued at $16. Luckily they didn't ask why there was a 2,000 year old arm bone in my bag as there's no good official reason. Of course they're doing their job. Of course I was foul-minded at having to return to this place.
More thoughts on that later.

Now, another Perfect Nancy Prayer to God, ever-looking after her deadline welfare:
Almighty One, who knoweth all and understandeth the power of adrenaline and caffeine having created them, thank you for fashioning another state of weather emergency throughout the land upon which I currently reside in order that I finish my latest piece for the shiny happy magazine. You fuckin' rock, God, O Master of Timing.
And, one more thing, please let the editrix, my pal, not regain her email capabilities at her office until tomorrow when the shiny happy piece is completed and she will be none the wiser, none the worse for deadline wear and tear. Amen and Love Ya.

No comments: